September 2009 to January 2014 – Foxtrot Hotel, Office, Operations & IT Manager
Foxtrot Hotel is an independent creative agency based in central London. I was head-hunted for this role by one of the directors, whom I had worked with at both Geometry and Fitch:
- Procurement on all office services, including stationery, furniture and logistics, maintaining good working relationships with suppliers and developing new contacts where required;
- Ensured daily support operations are delivered efficiently by optimizing quality and price; and
- Built & maintained a database of all Foxtrot Hotel customers/suppliers, expanding the database data/filling the gaps.
- Ensured Foxtrot Hotel was covered legally on all office HR and Health & Safety issues i.e. Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Confidentiality Agreements; and
- Created and applied policy & procedure documentation to ensure efficient management of services.
- Booking of studio resources, both designers and support systems, with supporting paperwork;
- Maintained up-to-date resourcing sheets to ensure freelance staff were used as efficiently and productively as possible for the business: right time resourcing;
- Ensured that all costs were tracked throughout the project period; issues raised and timely billing instructions were given to accounts; and
- Maintained talent directory to assist resource/talent decision-making.
- Management of the relevant software, hardware and systems to ensure efficient services to clients and partners by keeping the business up-to-date with the latest technology and providing pros/cons analysis so senior directors could make informed decisions;
- Produced & managed policy & procedure documentation for efficient technical support;
- Maintained a broad understanding of the key ‘future’ technology areas and illustrated business advantage to key stakeholders; and
- Ensured weekly back up was maintained in case of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity and that an archive system was in place and maintained.
- Maintained and kept up-to-date financial support collating invoices, PO management and business summary sheets and ensured Accounts had copies of such;
- Carried out post-project delivery cost reconciliation to understand profitability and efficiency learnings for future projects and to secure additional client funds where required/appropriate;
- Project billing: setting payment schedules with Accounts and working with key client contact to ensure billing was timely, accurate and in line expectations: a right time payment process; and
- Worked with Accounts and Senior Partners on a weekly/monthly basis to forecast future project activity, expected income and timings.
- Ensured client team and project team were aware of the project timing requirements including internal & external reviews, key client milestones, stage deadlines and end delivery date;
- For each project, ensured success metrics (business & personal) were set with the client and that these were communicated to the project team prior to starting work. Initiated post-project client reviews to secure feedback, performance results and learnings for future work;
- Established and maintained day-to-day contact with clients and acted as the knowledge link between the project team and each client business; and
- Built rapport and developed/nurtured relationships with key clients, project team members and suppliers to ensure expectations were met, valued and quality delivered and the foundations for future opportunities were created.