May 1996 to June 2002 – Fitch Design, IT Manager & Facilities
Fitch is an international design company employing around 150 people based in London.
Project Management tasks and Daily Duties
- Management of the administration and facilities teams (ten people) with responsibility for all office facilities, adhering to strict budgets;
- Introduced a security system that prevented a 30% increase in our insurance costs;
- Sole responsibility for co-ordinating our office relocation, managing a team of 25 to ensure a smooth transition with no loss of business hours;
- Responsibility for all Health and Safety issues in line with Government guidelines;
- Responsibility for all IT systems management within the company;
- Undertook a review of technical equipment, examined all running costs and suppliers’ costs;
- Implemented interactive H&S training modules for staff and ensured corrective legal action for all H&S incidents; and
- Introduced a new training and development programme for all staff to address the needs of the agency.