September 2008 to September 2009 – Cohn & Wolfe, Facilities Manager (Maternity Cover)
Cohn & Wolfe is a PR and Marketing company that employs 125 staff in the UK and 1000 worldwide.
Project Management tasks and daily duties
- Sole responsibility for project managing a successful £1.3m office move, which came in on time and budget and made full use of my budgetary and negotiation skills;
- Needed strong communication skills, and a hands-on approach, to liaise effectively with people at all levels on both sides of the build project and understand both points of view;
- Implemented a hospitality suite for client meeting rooms, while updating general office functions from recycling to reducing company ongoing costs by introducing finance procedures;
- Regularly reported on future space requirements/desk plans and provided solutions to overcome deficiencies. Being proactive helped keep motivation high throughout all sectors;
- Compiled and monitored a £1m budget across Facilities, Hospitality and Print/Mail Services functions to ensure consistently high levels of service were obtained from contractors/suppliers at all times, with the whole team developing a ‘can-do attitude’ on all sectors;
- Developed and implemented all office services from Health Safety guidelines to fire evacuations drills, which includes Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery;
- Undertook regular reviews of service providers, including routine meetings to monitor performance, significantly reducing over heads to the business;
- Implemented ‘Change Management’ from Carbon Footprint modelling and other environmental impact issues;
- Worked directly with building management agent on all M&E equipment issues; and
- Project-managed account management for staff expenses to new supplier criteria, from costs, to T&C agreements.